For almost 2 months this has been my daily breakfast. Additionally, I either have a glass of fresh green juice or I use a green powder mixed with water. It’s hydrating, sweet and satisfying. It only requires a little preparation. To make the mornings easier, you can mix all the ingredients the night before, except for the apples (because they oxidize quickly and you want them to be as fresh as possible).
|Apple Breakfast Bowl|
- 1 large apple, chopped into bite-size pieces (like a Fuji, or two smaller ones) – about 300g
- Carrots, shredded (about two medium size) – 130 g
- Celery (1 to 2 stalks) – 50 grams
- Chia Seeds – 2 TBS, preferably soaked in water
- 1 TBS Nut Butter (I prefer almond butter)
- 1 Date, chopped (or an equivalent amount of raisins)
- Cinnamon – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger, powder – 1/8 tsp (or juice of 1 small knob pressed using garlic press)
- Shredded Coconut, unsweetened – 3 TBS
- Mix all ingredients together and enjoy.
- If you need more calories, add more apple, dates (66 calories each) or nut butter (100 calories per TBS).
- If you don’t have nut butter, you can simply sprinkle the breakfast with chopped nuts
- Add coconut water (or coconut cream – more calories) to make it easier to mix in the nut butter.
- When I’m really in a hurry or I am traveling, I simply use my favorite Larabar in place of the nuts/nut butter, dates and coconut.
|Calories and nutrients calculated using http://www.caloriecount.com/|