This is a new one for me. I have never heard anyone call “salsa” by any other name. I have lived in Texas for 45 years! Texas Caviar – never heard of it.
So I did my best. The only think different about this salsa is that I didn’t chop/puree the tomatoes in my food processor. Actually, I feel that this version is more like a salad.
- Red Onion
- Green Onions
- Bell Peppers
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh Corn (roasted on stove top, a nice addition)
- Black Beans (cooked, leave out for a total raw meal)
- Lime Juice
- Apple Cider Vinegar (just a splash will do)
- Jalapeno (or Cayenne Pepper)
- Salt/Pepper to Taste
- Chop fresh vegetables and toss together with remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Allow to sit at room temperature about 30 minutes for flavors to combine.
- Eat with tortilla chips or use to top a fresh “Tex-Mex” salad.