Hi everyone. I promised that I would post this recipe and I am fulfilling my promise on the same day! (Amazing!) I had to leave home and get a cubicle at the library in order to focus on doing this, but I really feel that it’s so important for me to share the recipe.
So, why would anyone want a no oil salad dressing?
- Reduce calories – just 1 TBS of oil contains at least 100 calories.
- Savings – if you use oils in your salads, you want to use the best possible oils so that you get the best nutritional benefit. Never use hydrogenated oils in your salads because they overload your digestive system. Click here for more information about choosing healthy oils. A healthy, cold-pressed oil, such as extra virgin olive oil, cost more than hydrogenated oils.
- Difficulty digesting fats. Perhaps you don’t produce enough bile, need to give your gall bladder a rest, or had your gall bladder removed.
- 1/4 cup vinegar (raw apple cider vinegar is my top choice)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3/4 cup filtered or spring water
- 1 large clove garlic*
- 2 – 3 fresh sprigs of parsley
- 1 tsp raw honey (or other sweetener of your choice)
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 – 2 TBS color bell peppers (or 1/2 – 1 TBS dried)
- 1 – 2 TBS chia seeds (this will thicken the dressing)
- 1 tsp dried herbs (use an Italian blend or mix single herbs of oregano, rosemary, dill, etc)
- up to 3/4 tsp salt (I wouldn’t use anymore than that)
- dash to 1/8 tsp pepper
optional: I would only use the following when using a high-speed blender such as a Vitamix
- 1/4 of a small apple*, peeled
- 2 inches of cucumber, peeled
*High FODMAP food – remove from ingredients to achieve a Low FODMAP recipe.
Directions: Blend all the ingredients together in a high-speed blender, such as a Vitamix. Use as desired.