I prepared this in my InstantPot. But I’m sure a pot on the stove top will work just as well. This was quick and easy. The perfect warm and satisfying meal for the cold night on which I prepared it. (Note: this recipe was based on a recipe I saw at Pinch of Yum, but I added a few things.)
- 4 green onions (about 1/3 cup), chopped
- 1 jalapeño, minced (add depending on the spice level you want)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup garbanzo/chickpeas, cooked
- 1 14-ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 2/3 cup water for InstantPot or up to 1 1/2 if on stove top
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup chopped peanuts (or cashews)
- 2 x 2 strip of Kombu for added minerals
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (or cashew butter) You can also take some of the soup broth and blend with peanuts (or cashews) to thicken the soup.
- 1-2 cups kale, stems removed, chopped (or any other dark leafy greens: collards, chard)
- 1 – 2 tsp miso paste (for added flavor)
- Place all ingredients in InstantPot and cook for 10 minutes or add to a pot on the stove top and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Add the “after cooked” ingredients. If using InstantPot, after quick or natural release.