Here is a great way to enjoy dehydrated soy curls. The texture was very similar to chicken. I was so surprised and pleased at the outcome of this dish. I’ve made it two weeks in a row, so far. Take a look below at this easy, delicious, and satisfying recipe. (Video below.)
I’m looking forward to trying dehydrated soy curls in another dish in the near future and I will be sure to share it with you if it’s as successful as this one.
Dehydrated Soy Curls (See notes below.)
Rice or noodles (for serving)
Vegetables of your choice, I used:
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 green onions
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 8 ounces of frozen broccoli
- Extra spices (optional)
For the marinade:
- 3/4 cup warm water /veggie broth
- 3 to 4 tbsp sweetener (agave, honey, date paste, etc.)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce (I used a gluten-free tamari sauce.)
- 2 tsp sambal oelek chile paste or sriracha or pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- 2 tsp mirin rice wine (or any cooking wine)
- 2 to 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1.5 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves minced garlic
1 TBS thickening agent such as cornstarch (look for NON-GMO), tapioca, or flour of your choice.
- Mix the marinade ingredients, add the soy curls, and mix to coat.
- Soak for 19 – 15 minutes, and stir 1/2 way through soaking time to make sure all the soy curls are covered.
- Options: (1) You can remove the soy curls from the marinade and air-fry the soy curls at this point as recorded in the YouTube video below. Or, (2) Pan-fry the soy curls using a small amount (1 tsp) of oil. Or, (3) Add the soy curls at the end just before serving.
- Remove the soy curls from the pan if you used the pan to brown them a bit.
- Stir-steam the garlic and onions until softened.
- Add bell peppers and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the frozen broccoli and cook until tender.
- Add thickening agent of your choice to the left-over marinade, add the soy curls and mix well to incorporate all of the flavors for about 2 minutes.
- This dish is now ready to serve.
- I used Butler’s Dehydrated Soy Curls that I found on AMAZON (this is an affiliate link).
- If you don’t have any fresh vegetables on hand, you might enjoy a bag of frozen stir-fry vegetables.
- Looking for NON-GMO cornstarch? I do know that SPROUT’S carries their own brand. Otherwise, you might try this RUMFORD NON-GMO CornStarch on AMAZON (affiliate link).
- Try serving over brown rice or brown rice noodles.