This dressing has a tangy, burst of flavor. The cashews give it a creamy texture. I used the Vitamix which made it quick and easy.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup of filtered water
- 1 -2 small garlic cloves
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 -2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup cashews (soaked is preferable)
- splash of lemon juice (optional, adds more “tang”)
- dried herbs of your choice (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients except for the dried herbs to a blender and blend.
- Add dried herbs if using them.
- Use fresh herbs in place of dried herbs. Basil is a nice addition. (Add once blended just to chop a bit, but not to puree the fresh herbs.)
- Use 1/8 cup balsamic and 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar.