I’m going to give you the basic recipe…then some ideas on the add-ins to achieve different flavors
1/4 cup flax seeds
1/4 cup psyllium husks
3/4 cup water
1/8 tsp salt
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender such as a Vitamix and blend until smooth.
- Spread onto teflon sheets of a dehydrator and follow dehydrator’s instructions. I set my Nesco dehydrator at 135 degrees F.
Note: Sometimes I set higher … depending on how quickly I want to eat these. These can be dehydrated at a temperature lower than 115 degrees F to preserve enzymes and if you still want to consider the crackers to be RAW.
Add-ins for flavoring:
- ginger and turmeric about (1/8 – 1/4 tsp each)
- stevia (1/4 tsp), agave*, coconut sugar* or honey* for sweetness (1 tsp)
- garlic powder and Italian seasonings (1/8 – 1/4 tsp each)*
- curry and ginger spices (about 1/8 – 1/4 each)
- taco seasonings (1/4 to 1/2 total in spices) – use a mix or cumin, garlic, chili powder, etc *
- whole seeds sprinkled o: sesame, chia, sunflower, flax & pumpkin (shown in photos)
*High FODMAP food – remove from ingredients to achieve a Low FODMAP recipe.