- 8 ounces stir fry rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks of green onions, chopped
- 1/2 - 1 tsp ginger powder (or a knob of fresh ginger)
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu, cubed (My preference is Trader Joe's Organic SPROUTED)
- 1 - 2 tsp turmetic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 4 cups stir fry vegetables (carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, red peppers, mushrooms, etc)
- 1/2 (14-oz) can coconut milk
- 1/2 (14-oz) can coconut cream
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce (or coconut aminos), divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 tablespoons sriracha (or your favorite hot sauce)
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- Prepare noodles according to instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Squeeze tofu between paper towels prior to cutting into cubes. Toss with 2 TBS soy sauce (or liquid aminos), turmeric and onion powder. Allow to sit, or you can bake in the oven for 20 - 30 minutes to give a firmer texture.
- Heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Alternatively, add 1/4 cup water to pan.
- Add the garlic and white parts of green onions.
- Saute until soft and onions are a bit transparent.
- Add the curry paste, tofu (if not baking), and the vegetables to the pan. Stir gently, and saute until the the vegetables are done – about 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, soy sauce, sugar, and sriracha (hot sauce) and allow to simmer just a bit longer.
- Add the cooked noodles and combine. Test the noodles for desired tenderness...you can cook them longer in the sauce if needed.
- Adjust seasonings, serve, add cilantro on the top
This recipe is an adaptation of the recipe at https://pinchofyum.com/red-curry-noodles.