Jump to recipe
Here is a vegan sweet potato pie recipe that I found on YouTube. For now, this will be the one I’ll be making to bring to the holiday gatherings. In the past, I have always been asked to bring desserts. Are desserts my specialty? Hmm…well, we will see what happens this year because anything I bring will be plant-based. I hope you like it.
Allow to cool before serving. I prefer mine straight from the fridge! Perhaps you could whip the coconut cream as a nice topping addition and sprinkle with some shaved almonds.
- Ingredients for the Pie Filling:
- 2 cups of baked sweet potato (peeled)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (or other sweetener of preference, use more for a sweeter pie)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (my favorite is Trader Joe's because there are no added fillers)
- 2 TBS ground flaxseeds mixed with 5 TBS of water
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice (or a mix of your own favorites)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Ingredients for the Pie Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of nuts (suggestion: walnuts and/or pecans)
- 2 1/2 TBS Maple syrup
- 1 1/2 TBS coconut cream (from the same can used for the pie filling)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Combine all the ingredients for the pie crust into a food processor and blend until uniform and it sticks together. Press into a 9" pie dish.
- Combine all the pie filling ingredients into a blender or food processor until smooth. Add pie filling on top of the crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45-50 minutes.
More desserts/sweets for you to try.