Date ball snacks are quick and easy to make using only 3 ingredients and a food processor. Loaded with real food for energy, vitamins, and minerals. This makes 12 – 15 1-inch size date balls.
- 6 dates, pitted
- 3/4 to 1 cup dehydrated apples
- 1 cup of walnuts (or any of your favorite nut)
- pinch of salt (optional)
- Place all ingredients into the food processor and process until well mixed.
- Form into balls. You can use a tablespoon to measure out the mixture.
- I usually make my own dehydrated apples. This way I can avoid added sugars and sulphur-treated appples. So be sure to look for “unsulphured” apples.
- I also soak the nuts for 4 – 6 hours and dehydrate them with the apples. Soaking nuts/seeds helps them to be more digestible.
- I’m sure you can substitute seeds (such as sunflower or pumpkin) if you have an allergy to nuts. Start by adding only 1/2 cup of seeds.
Another similar recipe that uses only 2 ingredients: Homemade Larabars