- 12 ounces organic shea butter
- 3 ounces coconut oil
- 12 drops essential oils (such as lavender, orange, peppermint, chamomile, etc)
- Weigh and place shea butter and coconut oil in a medium-sized bowl. (I suggest using a ceramic or stainless steel bowl. I use the mixing bowl from my stand mixer.)
- Melt in a double boiler and stir with a wooden or silicone spoon. (I prefer to use my instant pot. I put a cup of water in the bottom of the pot and use the keep warm button. I leave the top off so no moisture collects inside of the bowl.)
- Refrigerate until hardened. (This usually takes 2 to 3 hours.)
- Whip using a stand mixer, occasionally scraping down the sides. (This takes 10 to 15 minutes. You can use a hand-mixer, but you may feel like quitting before the process has truly whipped to perfection.)
- When the mixture is fully whipped to your desired feel (light and fluffy), whip in essential oil(s).
- Scoop into jar(s). (Mason jars work well.)
NOTE: I also scoop out a dime-size bit and mix with baking soda to use as a daily deodorant.