The first night I ever made this “cheeze” sauce, I immediately knew I had to try using it in a Tex-Mex Casserole.
- Tortilla chips (or you can use flour or corn tortillas to replace the layers of chips)
- “Cheeze” sauce (See the recipe.)
- Cooked onions and bell peppers (about 1/2 each item), or any other vegetable you would like – remember to season your vegetables
- Your favorite bottled salsa (or home-made)
- Cooked brown rice
Layer the casserole as follows:
- Tortilla Chips, crushed
- Onions and Bell Peppers
- A few dollops of salsa
- A mixture of black beans and pinto beans
- Brown rice
- (Repeat 1 – 6 again)
- Top with a layer of “cheeze” that has been thinned using a bit of salsa and water/broth
- Cover and bake in the oven at 350 degrees F until warmed through.
Serve with a side of veggies and don’t forget the guacamole and/or pico de gallo. Enjoy!