Looking for comfort food for the Fall season?
- 1/2 bag of Butler Soy Curls
Re-hydrate the Soy Curls using the following:
Salt or liquid aminos
- 1/2 cup of onions
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 bag of frozen vegetables
- 1 pie crust or cornbread mix
- Creamy Cashew Soup Base:
1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked if not using a high-speed blender)
1/2 cup water or broth or nut milk
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp corn starch
- Pie crust – Cornbread mix can be prepared and used to top the pie in place of a pie crust.
- Rehydrate soy curls and if you’d like you can fry in an air-fryer for 2 minutes or bake in the oven for 10 minutes to get some crispiness on those edges.
- Stir-steam 1/2 cup of onions adding seasoning/flavor along the way.
- Prepare the “Creamy Cashew Soup Base” by placing all of its ingredients into a blender. Add about 1 tsp of cornstarch at the end so that it will thicken as it cooks in the pan.
- Add vegetables, soy curls and soup base to the pan with the onions. Stir until thickened.
- Add the pot pie mixture to your baking pan. You may want to add a dab of oil to the baking dish before adding pot pie mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 20 – 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve with a simple side salad. One possibility may be spinach, carrots, nuts/seeds and an oil-free dressing.
Watch the video: