Cinnamon apples are definitely a fall delight for the tastebuds. So this warm smoothie hits the spot from fall throughout the winter months.
This one takes a little extra prep work to prepare it just like I prefer it. Even though I use a Vitamix blender, I like to do a bit of the cooking on the stovetop. This is because I like to use banana as a sweetener, but I don’t want to blend a banana in the Vitamix until it becomes steamy. If you do not have a Vitamix (or blender that can handle hot liquids), blend the ingredients first and then warm them on the stovetop.
I hope this smoothies provides a great start to your day. Enjoy!
Tips: Using frozen bananas, you can also use these same ingredients to make a cold smoothie.
- 1 – 2 bananas, room temperature – unless you want a cold smoothie (or another sweetener of your choice)
- 1/2 cup applesauce (or 1/2 cup fresh apples that have been stewed on the stovetop using water)
- 1 cup of water or use plant-based milk for extra creaminess
- 1 – 2 TBS Almond Butter
- Dash of cinnamon spice (or any winter spice you like or a combination of more than one)
- 1 cup of spinach (optional) – I just like to get leafy greens in any way that I can and spinach is hardly noticeable.
- 1/2 avocado (optional) – Definitely add avocado if you do not use bananas. This will help to thicken the smoothie. If using avocado, I suggest skipping the spinach or the smoothie will be very green.
DIRECTIONS (For a warm smoothie):
- Warm the applesauce (apples) and water (or plant-based milk) on the stovetop until you reach a desirable temperature.
- Add the warm ingredients to the Vitamix and blend with the remaining ingredients.