Perhaps the goal of living a healthy lifestyle has fallen to the wayside. But today you can take simple actions to make improvements for your health and wellness and create a healthier lifestyle that will benefit you. No matter what your age or your current health condition there are actions that can be made to improve your health. Yes, you can take control and create a healthier lifestyle.
Feed and nourish your body.
Over the last few years, I’ve summed up what I’ve learned about creating a healthy lifestyle by focusing on 6 key areas to feed and nourish your body.
Eventually these become a natural part of you and the way you want to live. These actions become habits.
(1) Real Food:
- The Real Food and Drinks Podcast
- Eating Real Food (vs Dieting)
- Nutrition Made Simple
- Plant-based Health Mini Course from the Center for Nutrition Studies (external, non-affiliate link)
(3) Mind/Thoughts: You may have made up your mind to improve your lifestyle. Yet, you will need to continue to feed and nourish your body with a solid mind and good thoughts. (More on this subject…coming soon.)
(5) Fresh Air/Outdoors: Fresh air and more of outdoors will benefit everyone. Usually, the air outdoors is less toxic than what we find inside our homes and workplaces. Therefore, this form of nourishment can also be combined with exercise (listed above). Because, when we exercise outdoors we can breathe in cleaner oxygen … and especially so if we were to exercise perhaps in a park with trees and green grass. So please don’t ignore the benefits of being outdoors, it has so much to offer. Check out the link below to find out about more of what nature has to offer us.
Additionally, you must do your best to get rid of stress! Stress shouldn’t be a part of your lifestyle
We must deal with stress. We need to handle stress because it can break down our body’s natural systems and do so very quickly.
Find your support systems for the healthier lifestyle you desire.
I highly suggest getting a support group of family, friends and/or online communities to keep your mind positive and focuseded in the right direction. For instance, we have a Real Food and Drinks Facebook Group where you can interact with others with the same goals in mind.
Find those success stories that can lift you up on a day that you need an extra boost.
Over the many years, I have followed other social media platforms that show us that we can improve our health through living a healthier lifestyle. Their stories and their testimonials are what kept and keep me going. If you are having a difficult time being convinced that you can make improvements, then you should check out these various success stories at the Forks Over Knives website.
Follow “The Real Food and Drinks Lifestyle” podcast for discussions to inspire and keep you encouraged.
And, please share your successes with others.
As you make improvements and begin to feel better you will have more to share with others. Also note, many might notice the “new” you, so don’t be afraid to share what changes you have made and what is going on in your life. Sharing your success makes your achievements recognizable. And lastly, it establishes new foundations upon which you can build your next set of goals.
This website exists to help you explore all six areas of creating a healthy lifestyle. I hope you enjoy the content and that you find it helpful along your journey. If there is anything specific you are looking for help with or if you have any questions, please use the contact form.
I wish you much health.