|Brown & Red Rice with Zucchini & Mushrooms|
Sometimes a shortcut is a must – like when we need something really quick and easy. This is the reason we need to keep our quick and easy options as real as possible…even if they are stored in our kitchen pantry. Today I found Seeds of Change on the grocery store shelf and I could approve of the ingredient list. I was looking for quinoa, but this one with the added bits of kale caught my attention. I happen to be very fond of kale.
I began preparing the meal by stir “steaming” the fresh ingredients with a few other additions for flavor (see the ingredients list below) and then voila! A very tasty meal appeared in an instant.
Here are the ingredients that I used. Vary them to best suit your taste or double up if you need more. The pine nuts added a rich (butter-like) flavor to this whole plant-based dish.
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and then chopped
- 3 – 4 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 – 2 TBS dehydrated vegetable mix (contains ingredients like carrots, onion, parsley, etc)
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp powdered onion
- salt and pepper
- Brown & Red Rice (I used Seeds of Change with added kale and quinoa, or create your own mix.)
- 1 TBS pine nuts (added after dish is cooked)
- Add all vegetable ingredients to a pan with a bit of water (about 1/8 cup). Stir-steam for about 5-7 minutes until all water is gone.
- Add seasonings to your tastes.
- Mix in brown and red rice mixture.
- Top with pine nuts.